Dental implants are an effective, long-lasting way to replace missing teeth. Implants are popular because they give a realistic appearance, mimicking the look of real teeth, and they are placed into the jawbone to prevent them moving. You will have an improved appearance, better speech, and will be able to eat all your favourite foods again
What are dental implants and how do they work?
Dental implants consist of a titanium screw that is fixed into the jawbone. This replaces the root of a tooth when you lose the tooth naturally or need to have it removed. A crown is then screwed into place on the implant, replacing the missing tooth. It is possible to have single implants, or to have a full set of teeth replaced in this way.
Implants can last you for years into the future when they are well looked after. Your dentist will be able to talk you through aftercare to make sure you implants stay in good condition and you maintain excellent oral hygiene.
What are the benefits of choosing dental implants
- Stability. Implants are fitted into the jaw, giving you more strength and stability than removable false teeth
- Look like real teeth. Your crowns will be carefully selected to ensure they look like your existing teeth. It is very hard for people to tell that you have had dental implants.
- Comfort. When well looked after, implants will act like natural teeth. They are more comfortable, as they won’t cause rubbing or friction.
- Better for oral health. Your implants won’t affect other teeth in the same way as a dental bridge might. You will have good access to remaining teeth to give them a thorough clean using a toothbrush and dental floss.
- Extra convenience. Implants are easy to look after and you will be able to keep them in excellent condition as long as you maintain good oral hygiene and see your dentist for the necessary check ups
If you would like to know more about dental implants, we will offer you advice and answer all your questions. Please call 01664 562092 – we will be happy to arrange a consultation.