Invisalign is a revolutionary treatment for crooked or overcrowded teeth. This article explains the process for Invisalign straightening.
Invisalign is a revolutionary treatment for crooked or overcrowded teeth. In much the same way as standard metal braces, it will straighten out the teeth to give you a more even smile, helping to get rid of any concerns you might have about the appearance of your teeth.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a tooth straightening treatment that is almost invisible – people won’t even notice that you have braces on your teeth. It is mainly used for adults who want to straighten their teeth out and cannot get braces on the NHS. As we get older, we also start to care a lot more about our appearance, and metal braces simply wouldn’t be an option for many adults. Invisalign can help, giving you a barely noticeable alternative that works just as well.
So how does Invisalign work?
· Invisalign is a set of plastic braces that will be made to fit your teeth and straighten them out gradually over time.
· They are fitted onto your teeth and can be popped in and out. You can take them out to clean them fully, making them more hygienic.
Is Invisalign right for me?
Invisalign can be helpful for many people who have aesthetic concerns about their teeth. It can help you if:
· You have crooked teeth that you would like to straighten
· You have overcrowded teeth that are not in line
· You have gaps in your teeth that you would like to make smaller
The only way to be sure is to visit a qualified orthodontist who offers Invisalign treatment. They will be able to advise you on all the possibilities, so that you know and understand the options available. They will be able to examine your teeth and talk to you about your concerns, so that they can recommend the most appropriate course of treatment for you in your particular circumstances.
What will happen during the Invisalign straightening process?
Invisalign can only be fitted by a qualified orthodontist, who will carry out the whole treatment for you. Here is what will happen during the treatment process:
1. Make your initial Invisalign consultation. Just call the clinic and talk to the friendly reception team, and they will be able to make you an appointment at a time to suit you.
2. At your appointment, we will fully asses your teeth and talk to you about what you want to achieve. If you want to go ahead, we can then start taking moulds of your teeth. This is a painless process that we use to map your mouth, so we can create an Invisalign treatment to fit you perfectly.
3. You will then come in for a fitting appointment. We will make sure the Invisalign treatment is comfortable and fits your mouth perfectly, and we will tell you how to clean it effectively.
4. You will come back for assessments to see how your teeth are progressing. We will adjust your Invisalign treatment gradually so that it continues to work over time.
Please call 01664 562092 orto book your initial Invisalign consultation.