Dental implants are a popular way of replacing missing teeth. They can be used to replace a single missing tooth, or they can be used to replace all of the teeth in the mouth. how does it work and what are the benefits?
Dental implants are a popular way of replacing missing teeth. They can be used to replace a single missing tooth, or they can be used to replace all of the teeth in the mouth. Unlike other options for tooth replacement, dental implants are surgically fitted into the jawbone, making them stronger and more similar to real teeth.
The implants themselves are made of titanium or zirconium - these are the parts that are fitted into the jawbone. They then fuse with the jawbone, forming strong foundations for your new artificial teeth. Your dentist can fit individual crowns onto the implants using screws, which makes them very strong and resilient.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
There are many options available for replacing missing teeth – so what makes dental implants such a good decision?
Most people who choose dental implants do so because this is the closest they will get to replicating their real teeth. Implants feel more like real teeth in your mouth, and they will look more realistic too. These are some of the specific benefits:
· No movement. Unlike dentures, implants will not move in your mouth and cause you discomfort when eating. They heal quickly and they are very comfortable.
· Long lasting. You can expect your dental implants to last 25 years or more with proper care.
· Realistic appearance. The appearance of dental implants makes them an appealing option for patients concerned about aesthetics. They look very realistic; the false teeth that are fitted to your implants can be made to closely resemble your own teeth. If you are having all your teeth replaced, they will have a uniform, realistic appearance.
· Permanent. Dental implants are embedded into the jawbone and are there to stay. You don’t need to worry about them coming loose (like a crown or a filling), and you don’t need to take them out to clean (like dentures).
· Better oral health. Dental implants make it easy for you to keep your mouth clean and maintain excellent oral hygiene - you can brush and floss in the same way. It’s recommended that you see your dentist and a hygienist for regular check ups.